The National Council for Marketing and Public Relations has honored Kellogg Community College’s Public Information and Marketing Department with eight Medallion Awards for its efforts to recruit students and promote the College during the 2015-16 academic year.
The awards were announced in October during the NCMPR’s District Three awards dinner in Ann Arbor. KCC was recognized with awards in the following categories:
- Social Media or Online Marketing Campaign (Gold), for an online marketing campaign highlighting dual-enrollment
- Poster Series (Gold), for a poster series highlighting the College’s current “It’s About” registration campaign
- Novelty Advertising (Silver), for custom guitar picks designed to promote KCC’s History of Rock ‘n’ Roll course
- Outdoor Media, Single or Series (Silver), for a billboard highlighting KCC’s current “It’s About” registration campaign
- Poster, Division B (Silver), for a poster highlighting a Flint Water Project initiative on campus to collect bottled water for residents of Flint
- Flier, Single (Silver), for a flier promoting a KCC Center for Diversity and Innovation event titled “Addressing Islamophobia”
- Radio Ad, Single (Bronze), for a 30-second Pandora Internet Radio audio ad from KCC’s current “It’s About” registration campaign
- Successful Recruitment or Marketing Program (Bronze), for KCC’s current “It’s About” registration campaign
Eric Greene, director of Public Information and Marketing at KCC, said the awards validate the department’s marketing expertise and abiding commitment to effective communication.
“Day in and day out, we work creatively and tirelessly to help KCC make meaningful connections with current students, prospective students and partners across the region,” Greene said. “We’re thrilled to receive eight Medallion Awards and sincerely grateful that our performance has once again been recognized by our peers in higher education.”
KCC’s PIM Department, which provides a variety of in-house marketing, communications, graphic design and public relations services on behalf of the College, won four Medallion Awards in 2012, four in 2013, six in 2014 and three in 2015. The department also won two prestigious Paragon Awards – national honors bestowed by the NCMPR – in 2013.
Department employees include Kathy Jarvie, media design manager; June Lewis, Print and Document Services staff assistant; Mike Loader, Print and Document Services technician; Rachel Roelof, media design staff assistant; Simon Thalmann, digital marketer/writer; Kristen Stolz, secretary; and Eric Greene, director.
The NCMPR represents marketing and public relations professionals at community and technical colleges across the United States and Canada. District Three of the NCMPR includes schools in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Ontario. Gold, silver and bronze Medallion and Paragon honors are awarded annually in a variety of marketing and public relations categories.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.