Youth volleyball players will get a chance to learn from some of the area’s best college volleyball players during Kellogg Community College’s summer Volleyball Camps in July.
KCC’s women’s volleyball team and head volleyball coach Tom VanWienen will lead the camps, including a camp for 9- through 11-year-olds July 24 and 25 and a camp for 12- through 17-year-olds July 25 through 27.
Camps will focus on helping players develop the most important basic volleyball skills – blocking, hitting, passing, setting and serving – and will be held at the Battle Creek Family YMCA Multi-Sports Center, 182, Capital Ave. NE, Battle Creek.
Camp schedules are as follows:
9- through 11-year-old volleyball camp ($40)
- 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Tuesday, July 24 and 25
12- through 17-year-old volleyball camp ($60)
- 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 25
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, July 26 and 27 (campers should bring their own lunch on longer camp days)
Registration for KCC’s summer Volleyball Camps is open until the day of each session and can be completed entirely online by visiting www.kccbruinyouth.com. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card.
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 102 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek.
Camp fees include a camp T-shirt for each participant.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.