Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants now for an open Manager, Registration and Assessment Testing position.
View the job listing or apply now online at jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/529.
This full-time, administrative position will report to the Assistant to the Registrar and will be responsible to lead the activities associated with student records, registration, payment processing, course section administration and management and assessment and admissions testing.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources, and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes to Grand Rapids and Lansing, and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Manage the registration functions and associated records within the Student Information System (SIS) including registration processes, submission of grades, course records, section records, non-course equivalencies, drop/add and withdrawal processes; system date ranges; payment and cash reconciliation; residency determination. Responsible to stay current with SIS updates and technology changes. Work closely with instructional units and the Business Office to assure accuracy of course section and billing information.
- Manage testing and assessment including Accuplacer, GED test administrator (maintaining requirements from Prometric), ACT test administrator (hired by the College Board for testing at KCC—must meet the requirements of the College Board), administer the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test; administer CLEP and Dantes testing; maintain AP equivalencies. Oversee the processing of high school transcripts. Implement and maintain non-course equivalencies to allow assessment testing to be used as prerequisites.
- Provide training for registration as well as portions of the Admissions and Cash Receipt modules used by staff at all KCC locations. Serve as liaison with Admissions and Business Office for cross-trained service functions. Train and update instructional department secretaries on section building. Create and update documentation for processes. Communicate policy and procedure.
- Manage staff resources for coverage of service windows and coverage of testing and assessment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Student Information Systems.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience.
This regular, full-time administrative position will work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with extended days as needed by the College.
At this time, this position is open to internal and external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than 9 a.m. Monday, February 5, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269-565-2074 or email email@example.com. Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.