Kellogg Community College is seeking a highly motivated individual for the Manager, Network Infrastructure position. This regular, full-time administrative position reports to the Director, Technology Operations and will be responsible for the management, development, integration and maintenance of the internal and external network infrastructure related to college communication technologies and equipment.
This person has a daily responsibility of voice, video, network and telecommunication maintenance. The position is responsible for all network and telecommunication operations in the absence of the Director of Technology Operations and serves as liaison between software vendors and Information Services department networking.
This job is 40 hours per week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional extended hours as needed by the College.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes to Lansing and Grand Rapids and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Associate degree or equivalent formal training program in network management, communications and/or computer science from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, security, firewalls and wired/wireless networks.
- Three to five years of experience in cabling infrastructure, networking, microcomputers, hardware, software and compressed audio/video.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of personalities.
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with phone system and voicemail, Creston programming and battery backup.
At this time, this position is open to internal and external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than Friday, March 9, 2018 at 4 p.m. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time.
Only online applications will be accepted. Any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. For further details and to apply, see the job posting at jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/536.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269 565-2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.