Congratulations to the cast of Kellogg Community College’s Spring 2020 semester production of the play “The Wiz,” announced earlier this month on the KCC Theatre Facebook Page.
The cast for KCC’s spring play is as follows:
- Dorothy will be played by Belivia Stovall
- Aunt Em will be played by Stacy McLain
- Uncle Henry will be played by Lars Loofboro
- Addaperle will be played by Devin Hillsman
- Scarecrow will be played by Chris Havlock
- Tin Man will be played by Roderick Simmons
- Lion will be played by Governor Stovall
- Royal Gate Keeper will be played by Patrick Lucas
- Glinda will be played by Anastasia Miller
- The Wiz will be played by DeQuan Perry, Jr.
- Evillene will be played by Melinda Vanderbilt
- Lord High Underling will be played by Chris Fulbright
- Winged Monkey will be played by Brandon Cole
- Messenger will be played by Nina Marsh
- The ensemble crew will be Simone Brown, Abagail Sobeske, Ellie Lucas, Jayla West, Sydney King, Natayzia Smith, Nina Marsh, Sydney Marsh and Brandon Cole
- Scarecrow Understudy is Chris Fulbright
- Lion Understudy is Patrick Lucas
- Addaperle Understudy is Natayzia Smith
“The Wiz” is a beloved Broadway gem, The Wiz infuses L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with a dazzling mix of rock, gospel, and soul music. This timeless tale of Dorothy’s adventures through the Land of Oz is a fun, family-friendly, modern musical.
“The Wiz,” a musical retelling of L. Frank Baum’s “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz,” debuted on Broadway in 1975 and featured an all African-American cast. It won seven Tony Awards and was adapted into a 1978 film starring Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Nipsey Russel and Lena Horne.
For more information about auditioning for “The Wiz,” email KCC Theatre Coordinator Brad Poer at email@example.com, or follow the KCC Theatre Facebook page at www.facebook.com/KCCTheatre. More information about theatre programming at KCC is on the KCC website at www.kellogg.edu/theatre.