Kellogg Community College continues to monitor reports regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak that is evolving worldwide. As of Tuesday, March 3, the Calhoun County Public Health Department reported there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Calhoun County or in Michigan. Please view this memo from CCPHD for more information.
- As part of a broad illness prevention effort, KCC this week is affixing signage in restrooms and break areas advising students and employees to wash their hands thoroughly and stay home if they are sick.
- If KCC employees would like additional hand sanitizer or sanitary wipes for their work areas, they can make their request to KCC’s Institutional Facilities Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The College continues to encourage students and employees to assist in worldwide prevention efforts by following the CDC guidelines and to:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Avoid close contact (touching or shaking hands) with people who are ill.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.