Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants for a manufacturing job training program beginning in September, offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines.
The College’s next Kellogg Advanced Manufacturing Assembly (KAMA) training program will run for six weeks, running Sept. 8 through Oct. 16, 2020. Training will run from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays at KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center campus, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek.
The accelerated KAMA job training program involves experience on a working manufacturing line that applies a variety of skills sets and production concepts. The program includes:
- Foundational skills and technical training in manufacturing
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
- Exposure to industrial trades academic programs and careers
- Industry recognized credentials
- The option to enroll in paid work experience through Goodwill at training completion
Program graduates will be prepared for entry-level production operation or technician jobs in manufacturing environments and will have earned credentials including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour General Industry Certification and the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate.
By the end of the program, graduates will:
- Understand an entry-level production operator or technician role in a manufacturing environment
- Gain personal skills in professionalism, time management, teamwork and accountability
- Learn industrial quality, performance and safety standards
- Create a resume and learn effective interview and job-search strategies
- Have earned 8.74 college credits
The KAMA Program is part of KCC’s Innovative Accelerated Credentialed Training (iACT) initiative, which offers short, accelerated training programs to prepare today’s workforce for a variety of employment needs.
Individuals interested in participating in the KAMA Program offered via KCC’s iACT initiative must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 by 5 p.m. Aug. 12. Information about the program is also available online at www.kellogg.edu/iact.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.