Want to take a class this fall without the pressure of homework, grades or tests? Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning Department has you covered.
KCC’s Fall 2020 Lifelong Learning schedule, released this month, includes dozens of personal-enrichment classes across topics including art, cooking, finance, fitness, gardening, history, retirement planning, technology and more.
The new fall schedule includes popular favorites as well as nearly two dozen brand-new classes, including:
- Armchair Travel: Glacier National Park
- Chocolate and Cheese Pairing Experience
- Concerns of Captivity: The World War II Prisoners of War
- Discover the No Sugar Way of Life and Ditch the Sugar for Good
- Empathy: Why It Matters and How to Get It
- Fashion Essentials: The Perfectly “You” You
- Financial Strategies for Millennials and Conquering Student Loan Debt
- First Ladies
- Golf Fundamentals: Winter Prep for the Spring Season
- Joyful Energy: Exploring Chakra and Crystal Energy
- The Knowledgeable Knitter: Make Every Project a Success
- Legends and Folklore of the Great Lakes
- The Music of the Beatles
- Original Yoga: Rediscovering Hatha Yoga (Session 1, Session 2)
- Ornamental Grasses
- Simply String Art
- Tips, Tools and Techniques for Terrific Speeches and Presentations
- Understanding Poetry: Explore the Sonnet
- Victorian Death Customs
- Yotox: Yoga for Your Face
The fall schedule also offers two-hour, one-on-one training sessions for individuals who want more dedicated instruction, including one-on-one computer classes focused on a topic of the student’s choice, and one-on-one employment coaching for those looking for a new career.
Unless otherwise indicated in the schedule – available online at www.kellogg.edu/lifelong – all Lifelong Learning classes will be held in person on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. Masks will be required for all students and staff in compliance with government order. Additionally, classrooms will be socially distanced and disinfected after every meeting, meaning class sizes will be smaller than usual and early registration is encouraged for those who want to secure a seat.
For those who want to learn from the comfort of home, the Lifelong Learning Department also offers online classes across more than 300 topics through online education provider ed2go.
Lifelong Learning Membership
Individuals committed to lifelong learning experiences who want to join a community of like-minded learners can sign up for a Lifelong Learning Membership to receive discounts on classes and other exclusives.
Lifelong Learning Membership benefits include:
- “Best deal” discount pricing on select classes
- Membership in the Lifelong Learning “Lunch Bunch,” which meets for pay-your-own lunches to try restaurants around the area
- A free movie matinee in KCC’s Davidson Auditorium
- Discount pricing on luncheons and day trips
- Discounted admission to KCC Theatre productions
- A free subscription to the Lifelong Learning Department’s quarterly newsletter
Membership is $25 annually; individuals can join any time and the membership is good all year. Register for membership online at www.kellogg.edu/lifelonglearningmembership.
Registration for all Lifelong Learning classes and activities can be completed entirely online on the Lifelong Learning website at www.kellogg.edu/lifelong. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
For more information or assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.