Kellogg Community College’s men’s and women’s cross country teams ran strong at the Kirtland Firebird Invitational Friday in Grayling, with Bruins at the head of the pack in both the men’s and women’s races.
The women’s team finished in second place out of five teams; the men’s team finished in third place out of six teams.
Individually, the women’s team had three runners finish in the Top 10 of the women’s race. The men had two runners finish in the Top 10 of the men’s race — including the overall champion.
Individual results for each team are below.
Men’s Cross Country Results
Brian Frazee was again the standout runner for the Bruins’ men’s squad, finishing in first place overall. Click here to view the full results from the men’s race.
- Brian Frazee (Watervliet/Home School), 1st Place, 22:19.5
- Hunter Finnila (Battle Creek/St. Philip Catholic Central High School), 4th Place, 22:52.7
- Colin McDowell (Marshall/Olivet High School), 12th Place, 24:43.2
- Matthew Mosher (Galesburg/Galesburg-Augusta High School), 17th Place, 25:36.7
Women’s Cross Country Results
Hannah Wilkinson was the standout runner for the Bruins’ women’s squad, finishing in second place. Click here to view the full results from the women’s race.
- Hannah Wilkinson (Hillsdale/Hillsdale Academy), 2nd Place, 22:07.8
- Emma Berning (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 4th Place, 22:53.1
- Kennedy Vanderlugt (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 5th Place, 23:01.8
- Ana Pace (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 11th Place, 26:34.9
The Bruins race next as part of the Jackson Jets Classic league meet hosted by Jackson College on Saturday, Sept. 26.
For more information about men’s cross country at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/mens-cross-country. For more information about women’s cross country at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/womens-cross-country.