Kellogg Community College health program professionals will host a weeklong series of informational sessions over Zoom next month for students interested in entering one of the College’s Allied Health programs.
Each one-hour session will be held over the lunch hour to provide an informal opportunity for participants to learn about careers in health care and the various health programs at KCC. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the faculty hosting each session.
“Essentially, these meetings will be a virtual brochure, speaking about each of our programs and giving details about each profession once the graduate is in the field working,” Allied Health Director Chris VandenBerg said.
Information sessions will take place at noon on the following dates:
- Monday, Nov. 9: Radiography with Radiography Program Coordinator Mindi Snyder (https://zoom.us/j/97850762071)
- Tuesday, Nov. 10: Medical Assistant with Medical Assistant Program Coordinator Lori Haley (https://zoom.us/j/93537167679)
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: Physical Therapist Assistant with PTA Program Coordinator Julie Dawes (https://zoom.us/j/99616485160)
- Thursday, Nov. 12: Dental Hygiene with Dental Hygiene Education and Clinic Director Dr. David Smith (https://zoom.us/j/92731402047)
- Friday, Nov. 13: Neurodiagnostic Technology with MiRIS Program Director Kim Patterson (https://zoom.us/j/91439367371)
Individuals interested in attending can do so by clicking on the respective Zoom link and following the onscreen instructions. For technical assistance, contact the KCC Help Desk in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-965-4148.
In addition to the health programs covered in the sessions listed above, KCC also offers Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) programs under its Allied Health umbrella, in addition to several Nursing Program options, CNA training and several levels of Emergency Medical Services credentials.
Admission to the College’s Allied Health programs is selective and requires a separate admissions process in addition to the general KCC application process. For more information, visit www.kellogg.edu/allied-health. For more information about all of the health programs offered at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/health-sciences.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.