The Kellogg Community College women’s cross country team brought home its second regional championship in three years with a first-place finish at the team’s regional meet Saturday in Lansing.
The win is the team’s second regional championship since the College’s men’s and women’s cross country teams began competing in the fall of 2018. Both the men’s and women’s teams were regional champions in 2018.
KCC’s Hannah Wilkinson (Hillsdale/Hillsdale Academy) took individual regional championship honors with an overall first-place finish, followed by teammates Emma Berning (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School) and Kennedy Vanderlugt (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School) in second and third place, respectively.
This weekend’s National Junior College Athletic Association Region XII Division III Cross Country Championship was held at Grand Woods Park in Lansing, and doubled as the Michigan Community College Athletic Association’s state/league championship meet. KCC’s women’s team finished third out of 11 teams in the latter.
Individual results for the Bruins follow. Click here for full results from the women’s NJCAA championship race. Click here for full results from the women’s MCCAA championship race.
- Hannah Wilkinson (Hillsdale/Hillsdale Academy), 20:43.2, 1st Place NJCAA, 2nd Place MCCAA
- Emma Berning (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 20:51.2, 2nd Place NJCAA, 4th Place MCCAA
- Kennedy Vanderlugt (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 21:31.4, 3rd Place NJCAA, 13th Place MCCAA
- Ana Pace (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 24:14.9, 6th Place NJCAA, 33rd Place MCCA
- Ava Cooney (Athens/Athens High School), 25:14.2, 8th Place NJCAA, 35th Place MCCAA
The Bruins race next as part of the NJCAA National Championship on Saturday, Nov. 14, in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
For more information about women’s cross country at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/womens-cross-country.