Bruin Boost for students is Feb. 1-5; check in daily for chances to win prizes

A decorative text slide with Bruin Boost dates and an illustration of Blaze in a face mask.

Hey, Bruins. Blaze here.

Yes, yes, Blaze the mascot. The ACTUAL Bruin; in the flesh fur. Yes, I can type – I represent an entire school, you think I couldn’t pick up a typing course here and there? 

Listen, my typing prowess is neither here nor bear. I’m writing because Bruin Boost is coming up and I want to invite you.

Bruin Boost is KCC’s spring semester kickoff event. There are prizes. This year it’s being hosted online over at www.kellogg.edu/bruinboost Feb. 1-5. Student Life has been hard at work creating daily videos that are not only informational and fun, but will be your gateway to a slew of prizes. Did I mention there are prizes? There. Are. PRIZES.

As a KCC student, Bruin Boost is a quick and easy way to learn about some pretty important parts of being a Bruin. (And? You guessed it: A quick and easy way to win a prize!)

Here’s a rundown of our online Bruin Boost schedule for the week:

• Feb. 1: Learn about our Registered Student Organizations (a fancy way of saying student clubs). RSOs not only give you a way to connect to other Bruins over shared interests, they can also BOOST your resume for future careers!
  • Feb. 2: Learn about civic engagement and explore the wild ways you can fulfill your service requirements while giving back to the community in a meaningful way!
  • Feb. 3: Learn about accessing all the resources available to KCC students. You would be amazed at how many clawsome ways there are for KCC students to connect to services, programs and staff dedicated to helping you successfully get the most out of your education.
  • Feb. 4: Learn about graduation and how to apply for your commencement! Even if you’re just starting your time at KCC, this is not a topic to hibernate on.
  • Feb. 5: Explore what you got out of the first four days of Bruin Boost with a SCAVENGER HUNT across www.kellogg.edu! A quick study break that will earn you TWO entries towards the grand prize pool!

Stop by www.kellogg.edu/bruinboost daily to watch each new video and submit a prize entry form for the day. Each entry is a new chance to snag gift cards, electronics and Bruin swag! Plus, Student Life will be sending the first 300 Bruin Boost participants a FREE face make with a limited edition Bruin pattern. I’m understandably a bit partial to a face mask with such pawsitively swanky style.

That’s all there is to it. Of course, if you have any questions, the good people at Student Life would be happy to help (studentlife@kellogg.edu or 269-565-2634). So I’ll see you there, right? Good, because I CAN type, but that doesn’t mean it’s been easy with these big mitts.

Be bold, be you, be BRUIN!

– Blaze