Kellogg Community College Nursing Program graduates looking to continue their education at the bachelor’s degree level have until July 16 to apply for a KCC-specific $5,000 scholarship to Olivet College’s RN-BSN Program.
The goal of the Olivet College RN-BSN Program Miller Foundation Scholarship is to increase the number of baccalaureate degree nurses in Battle Creek. The scholarship awards up to six KCC Nursing graduates $5,000 each to enroll in Olivet’s nursing program.
Too apply, fill out the Olivet College RN-BSN Program Miller Foundation Scholarship Application. Successful applicants:
- Must have graduated from KCC’s associate degree Nursing Program this past spring or be in the final semester of the program and in good standing. Preference will be given to students with a 3.25 to 4.0 GPA.
- Must be accepted to the Olivet College RN-BSN Program (pending registered nurse licensure), meaning they must have:
- Completed the application
- Submitted their official transcripts from all colleges/universities
- Completed the FAFSA
- Must agree to work with a mentor/preceptor in Battle Creek to conduct an assessment, find opportunities and disseminate findings to contribute to the health and wellness of patients. This community will likely be a sub-community. For example, patients with diabetes seeking care in a wound clinic during COVID-19 or patients experiencing delayed procedures related to COVID-19. The sky is really the limit.
- Must agree to share an evidenced-based deliverable product aimed to improve health outcomes and quality of life in the Battle Creek Community with the Miller Foundation.
Required application materials include:
- A complete application (see above link)
- A community needs essay (see description on the application form)
- A biographical sketch (see description on the application form)
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional, one personal)
All application materials must be returned in a single email with the subject line “Miller Scholarship Application” prior to 5 p.m. July 16, to Dr. Lorraine Manier, Olivet College Director of Nursing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.