Kellogg Community College’s men’s and women’s cross-country teams continued their seasons Saturday at the Northwood University Invitational in Midland.
It was just the second competition of the season for the Bruins, and Head KCC Cross-Country Coach Erin Lane said “everyone ran smarter and faster this meet.”
“The women all ran great today and improved greatly from their last meet,” Lane said. “The men jumped up to a 6K this meet and handled the increase in distance well. Next week the men will increase their racing distance to 8K, where they will stay the rest of the season. We ran against some larger schools today, but did very well against the other junior colleges in attendance.”
Men’s Cross-Country Results (6K)
KCC’s men’s team only ran four runners, so no team scores were kept; individual results for the men’s team are below.
- Reece Ratliff (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 27th Place (5th Place in conference), 21:30.6
- Hunter Finnila (Battle Creek/St. Philip Catholic Central High School), 38th Place, 23:15.3
- Colin McDowell (Marshall/Olivet High School), 41st Place, 24:58.1
- Brayden Zambroni (Springfield/Gull Lake High School), DNF
Women’s Cross-Country Results (5K)
KCC’s women’s team only ran four runners, so no team scores were kept; individual results for the women’s team are below.
- Jena Adams (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 29th Place (3rd Place in conference), 23:11.8
- Ana Pace (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 38th Place (7th Place in conference), 24:54.5
- Ava Cooney (Athens/Athens Jr./Sr. High School), 41st Place, 26:12.7
- Shayla Mejia (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 49th Place, 29:03.1
The Bruins race next as part of the Knight-Raider Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 18, in Grand Rapids.
For more information about cross-country at KCC visit kelloggbruins.com or contact Head Cross-Country Coach Erin Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.