Kellogg Community College’s men’s and women’s cross-country teams put forth a solid effort at the Knight-Raider Invitational held at Calvin University Saturday, with seven of the eight Bruin runners finishing with season or all-time personal records.
Head KCC Cross-Country Coach Erin Lane said everyone ran great overall.
“It was our men’s first 8K of the season and first ever 8K for a couple of our men,” Lane said. “All the women ran a solid race, either running a season PR or lifetime PR. We look forward to next week when we will run both a full men’s and full women’s team.”
Individual results follow.
Men’s Cross-Country Results (8K)
KCC’s men’s team only ran four runners, so no team scores were kept; individual results for the men’s team are below.
- Reece Ratliff (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 43rd Place (9th Place in conference), 28:48 (PR)
- Hunter Finnila (Battle Creek/St. Philip Catholic Central High School), 75th Place, 30:57
- Brayden Zambroni (Springfield/Gull Lake High School), 80th Place, 31:32 (PR)
- Carter Spring (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 97th Place, 35:56 (PR)
Women’s Cross-Country Results (5K)
KCC’s women’s team only ran four runners, so no team scores were kept; individual results for the women’s team are below.
- Jena Adams (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 53rd Place, 22:52 (season PR)
- Ana Pace (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 58th Place, 23:54 (PR)
- Ava Cooney (Athens/Athens Jr./Sr. High School), 69th Place, 25:48 (season PR)
- Shayla Mejia (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 73rd Place, 27:17 (PR)
The Bruins race next as part of the Kirtland Firebird Invitational on Friday, Sept. 24, in Grayling.
For more information about cross-country at KCC visit kelloggbruins.com or contact Head Cross-Country Coach Erin Lane at email@example.com.