Nine out of 11 Kellogg Community College’s men’s and women’s cross-country runners ran personal records Saturday, Oct. 16, at the Jayhawk Invitational in Muskegon.
The invite was the first race since Oct. 1, and Head KCC Cross-Country Coach Erin Lane said that she could not have asked for better results.
“With the exception of a couple who were not 100%, everyone ran a great race running either a season best or a lifetime best,” Lane said. “We will train hard this week and taper off for our conference and regional meet on Oct. 30.”
Men’s Cross-Country Results
KCC’s men’s team placed 13th; individual results for the men’s team are below.
- Reece Ratliff (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 45th Place, 28:05.23 (PR)
- Hunter Finnila (Battle Creek/St. Philip Catholic Central High School), 87th Place, 29:27.8 (season PR)
- Brayden Zambroni (Springfield/Gull Lake High School), 91st Place, 29:40.81 (PR)
- Colin McDowell (Marshall/Olivet High School), 126th Place, 33:41.44
- Carter Spring (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 138th Place, 37:10.27
Women’s Cross-Country Results
KCC’s women’s team placed 10th; individual results for the women’s team are below.
- Jena Adams (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), 60th Place, 22:39.61 (season PR)
- Ana Pace (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 66th Place, 23:10.75 (PR)
- Ava Cooney (Athens/Athens Jr./Sr. High School), 84th Place, 24:52.51 (season PR)
- Ellie Nowak (Charlotte/Olivet High School), 89th Place, 26:40.78 (PR)
- Shayla Mejia (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), 91st Place, 26:55.12 (PR)
- Kassidy Bishop (Sherwood/Coldwater High School), 95th Place, 28:27.53 (PR)
The Bruins race next as part of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association Cross-Country Championship on Saturday, Oct. 30, in Lansing.