The singers and musicians of Kellogg Community College’s Branch County Community Chorus and KCC Concert Band will return to the stage in December to usher in the holiday season with a pair of holiday concerts.
Below are details about the upcoming performances, scheduled for the first weekend in December. Both events are free and open to the public; please note that face masks will be required for all in attendance.
Sounds of the Season: Joy to the World!
7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 27 E. Chicago St., Coldwater
KCC’s Branch County Community Chorus will present its annual Sounds of the Season holiday concert live online with a limited number in-person tickets. In-person tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and must be reserved in advance by Dec. 3 by emailing Dr. Gerald Case-Blanchard, director of Vocal Arts at KCC and coordinator of the College’s music programming, at email@example.com.
A livestream link will be available the day of the concert on KCC’s Community Performing Arts web page at kellogg.edu/community-performing-arts.
The Sounds of the Season program will include a number of holiday readings and performances of select holiday songs under the direction of Case-Blanchard, including:
- “A Christmas Medley,” arranged by K. Cary
- “Christmas Time Is Here,” arranged by Ed Lojeski
- “Winter Cantabile”Johannes Eccard
- “All the World Is Winter,” by Schram and Staggers
- “What Child Is This?” arranged by Mark Hayes
- “Xicochi, Xicochi,” by Gaspar Fernandes
- “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Chorale from Cantata 147),” by J.S. Bach
- “Joy to the World,” arranged by John Rutter
- “Christmas in the Good Old Days,” by Joe E. Parks
- “Silent Night, Holy Night,” by Franz Xaver Gruber
KCC Concert Band Holiday Concert
3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5
Binda Performing Arts Center, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek
More than two dozen band members under the direction of KCC Concert Band Director and adjunct KCC music instructor Laura Bandlow will perform holiday favorites including:
- “March of the Toys,” by Victor Herbert, arranged by Nathan Jones
- “Carol of the Drum,” by Katherine Davis, arranged by Floyd Werle
- “Silver Bells,” by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, arranged by Johnnie Vinson
- “A Fireside Christmas,” arranged by Sammy Nestico
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” by Johnny Marks, arranged by Luther Henderson
- “A Christmas Festival,” by Leroy Anderson
For more information about KCC’s upcoming holiday concerts or other KCC arts events, contact KCC’s Arts and Communication offices at 269-965-4126 or visit kellogg.edu/community-performing-arts.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.