Kellogg Community College is offering dozens of day camps this summer for youths ranging in age from 7 through 18.
Camp themes range from art and science camps to video games, cooking and sports camps and more. Most camps will be held on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek, though some will be held elsewhere around the College’s service district.
One notable camp held offsite is the Aviation Discovery Camp held at Western Michigan University College of Aviation in June.
Among the new camp offerings this year are a geocaching camp led by KCC Board of Trustees member Patrick O’Donnell and a series of floral arranging camps offered in partnership with Battle Creek’s Plumeria Botanical Boutique.
A full list of camps by age category follows below. More details, including dates, times, fees and links to registration materials, can be found at kellogg.edu/youth.
Camps for Ages 8-12
- Grossology: The Science of Gross Stuff
- Owl-mazing! Owl Carnation Creation
- Shark Squad
- Paint Party!
- Make It & Take It: DIY Room Décor
- Magical! Unicorn Carnation Creation
- Astronaut Training Camp
- Super Scientists
- Roar! Lion Carnation Creation
Camps for Ages 8-14
- Learn Sign Language: ASL for Kids
- Cookie Decorating
- Stupendous Sand Succulents
- Make Your First Video Game!
- Cake Decorator
- Roblox Makers
- Roblox Coders & Entrepreneurs!
- Candy Making: Become a Confectioner
- Minecraft Designers
- Minecraft Redstone Engineers
- Make It & Take It: Fidgets, Poppers & Spinners
- Color Wheel Floral Arrangement
- Make It & Take It: Spa Party
Camps for Ages 10-14
- PAWSitively Pets!
- Geocaching Explorers
- Make It & Take It: String Art
- Michigan: Hands on History
- Say Cheese! Fun with Photography
Camps for Ages 12-18
- Safe Sitter Essentials: Skills for Babysitting & Staying Home Alone
- Study Strategies for Success
- CPR & First Aid
- Learn to Knit! The Basics
- Dreamy: Create a Succulent Dream Catcher
Camps for Ages 14-18
- Career Exploration Experience: Camp Future Heroes (Public Safety)
- Career Exploration Experience: Camp Mind Over Metal (Skilled Trades)
- Aviation Discovery Camp
- College Scholarship Writing
Sports Camps for Ages 7-18
(Held in conjunction with KCC’s Athletics Department and led by KCC coaches and student athletes)
- Baseball Camp
- Boys Basketball Camp
- Girls Basketball Camp
- Bowling Camp
- Cross Country Camp
- Soccer Camp
- Volleyball Camp
How to Register
Camp registration can be completed entirely online via the registration link at kellogg.edu/youth. Campers who sign up early can get 10% off the cost of camps registered for before April 15.
For more information, including dates, times, locations and fees for each camp, or to sign up for a camp, visit kellogg.edu/youth or call 269-965-4134.
About Bruin Youth Programming
KCC’s Bruin Youth Programming initiative, administered through the College’s Lifelong Learning Department, was launched in 2016 to expand the College’s regular offerings of sports camps, Bruin Bots robotics initiatives and after-school programs held throughout the year on campuses in Battle Creek, serving kids from first grade through high school. The initiative has since expanded to serve the community through an extensive summer camp program; community events including “Blaze Goes to College” children’s book readings and the College’s annual Bruin Boo community Halloween event; and more.
In 2019, the Bruin Youth Programming initiative at KCC won a LERN International Award in Best Programming for its efforts developing educational programs for area youth. LERN (the Learning Resources Network) is the world’s largest continuing education and lifelong learning association, and offers information and consulting services to educational organizations around the globe.
For more information about Bruin Youth Programming at KCC, contact KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at email@example.com or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.