Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants for a Nursing Assistant Training Program starting in June, offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines.
The training program, offered through KCC’s Innovative Accelerated Credentialed Training (iACT) initiative, will run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays from June 14 through July 28 on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
KCC’s Nursing Assistant Training Program prepares students to take the Michigan Nursing Assistant Test to become Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). Students also receive AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider and AHA Heart Saver First Aid training, as well as foundational skills in demand with area employers.
The program training includes:
- Foundational-skills and technical training in health care
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
- Exposure to health care programs and careers
- Industry recognized credentials
- The option to enroll in paid work experience
- Preparation for the state’s Nursing Assistant Test
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider training
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid training
Students can also earn the following credentials through their coursework:
- The WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid Certification
Deadlines and Eligibility
Individuals interested in participating in the Nursing Assistant Training Program offered via KCC’s iACT initiative must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 or complete the information form online at kellogg.edu/iact by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. Slots are limited and fill up quickly.
The program is open at no cost to Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, provide a high school transcript or GED, complete the Accuplacer Next Generation Reading test with a score of 240 or greater and have the ability to attend the training for extended hours daily for the duration of the program. A criminal history background check will be run prior to the start date.
General CNA training at KCC
KCC also offers regular sessions of Nursing Assistant Training throughout the academic year at campuses in Albion, Battle Creek, Coldwater and Hastings. These trainings are similar to the iACT training and are open to anyone interested in registering. However, the general Nursing Assistant Training Program is not free and does not include the foundational skills and optional certifications offered via the iACT training.
For more information about KCC’s general Nursing Assistant Training Program, visit kellogg.edu/cna.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.