Kellogg Community College and the Battle Creek College Access Network will host five Legacy Scholars Enrollment Kick-Off days in May to assist eligible high school students with completing Legacy Scholars enrollment processes to attend KCC this fall.
Legacy Scholars Enrollment Kick-Off days will be held from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek on the following dates:
- Wednesday, May 4, for Lakeview High School students
- Friday, May 6, for Battle Creek Central High School students
- Tuesday, May 10, for Lakeview High School students
- Wednesday, May 11, for Battle Creek Central High School students
- Thursday, May 19, for W.K. Preparatory Academy and Calhoun Community High School students
Transportation will be provided by the participating student’s relevant high school.
Students attending the Legacy Scholars Enrollment Kick-Off events will meet with KCC and BCCAN staff to ensure they have completed the required KCC enrollment steps. Students will:
- Learn more about the Legacy Scholars scholarship award
- Meet with an academic advisor to plan courses for the Fall 2022 semester
- Learn how to access the Bruin Portal
- Learn how to complete the financial aid process at KCC
- Learn about the admissions enrollment process at KCC
KCC Admissions Representative Trevion Thomas said the events will be valuable for any Legacy Scholars student considering coming to KCC this fall.
“If you’re a Legacy Scholar or the parent of a Legacy Scholar graduating senior, talk to your high school counselor ASAP to let them know you want to attend an Enrollment Kick-Off event,” Thomas said. “Any questions you may have about the Legacy Scholars program or about coming to KCC will be answered during the event, and you can be confident coming to KCC this fall that you’re prepared to start your college journey.”
Legacy Scholars is a first-dollar scholarship program offered through the Battle Creek Community Foundation that provides a KCC scholarship for eligible graduates of Battle Creek Public Schools, the Lakeview School District and Calhoun Community High School. The scholarship covers the cost of up to 62 credit hours of tuition, fees and a book stipend of $500 for four semesters at KCC, an approved trade school or registered apprenticeship program.
Legacy Scholars have up to five years following high school graduation to use their scholarship.
For more information about the Legacy Scholars program, contact the Battle Creek College Access Network at 269-719-8228 or visit kellogg.edu/legacy. To begin an application for admission to KCC, visit kellogg.edu/apply or contact KCC’s Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.