Want to take a class this fall without the pressure of homework, grades or tests? Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning Department has you covered.
KCC’s Fall 2022 Lifelong Learning schedule, released this month, includes dozens of personal-enrichment classes across categories including the arts and hobbies; fitness; healthy and holistic; home, garden and food; money and financial health; computer and smartphone; and more.
The new fall schedule – available online at kellogg.edu/lifelong – includes popular favorites as well as more than two dozen brand-new classes, including:
- America’s First Ladies: Widowed in the White House
- Barning in the U.P.!
- Cheese 101
- Computer Basics: Word & Excel
- Dairy Discovery: Swisslane Farms
- The Empowered Caregiver
- Energy 101: Living in Our Energetic World
- The Energy of Color
- File Management & Back Up Basics
- Gardening: Starting Your Seeds in January
- Gilmore Car Museum Day Trip
- Holiday Cupcakes & Cookies
- A House Divided: The Civil War
- Lunch Box/Bento Cake Decorating
- Managing Your Digital Footprint
- The Musical Influence & Origins of Doo-Wop
- Myths of the Asanas: Deepen Your Yoga Practice
- Numerology for Fun & Success
- Paint Party: Autumn Birch Tree
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace
- Sew Fun! A Beginner’s Sewing Class
- We the People?
- The Westward Journey
- Winter Seed Starting Tips
The fall Lifelong Learning schedule also offers one-on-one computer classes focused on a topic of the student’s choice, intentionally designed for participants whose schedules don’t allow time for regularly scheduled class periods.
For those who want to learn from the comfort of home, the Lifelong Learning Department also offers online classes across more than 300 topics through online education provider ed2go.
In-person Lifelong Learning classes will be held on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek or at the College’s regional Fehsenfeld Center campus, located at 2950 West M-179 Highway in Hastings. Additional classes may be located offsite, as indicated in the class description in the schedule.
Registration for all Lifelong Learning classes and activities can be completed entirely online on the Lifelong Learning website at kellogg.edu/lifelong. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in Room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Individuals who sign up by Sept. 30 will get an Early Bird Discount of 10% off the registration fee for every class they register for.
For more information or assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.