The Marketing and Communications Department at Kellogg Community College was awarded nine prestigious Medallion Awards from the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations last week for work promoting the College during the 2021-22 academic year.
The awards include two first-place Gold Medallion Awards and a full sweep of the Print Advertisement awards category, in which KCC earned Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Medallion Award winners were announced Sept. 28 during the NCMPR’s annual District 3 Conference, which this year was held in Chicago. The NCMPR announced KCC had won awards in the following categories:
- Annual Report (Bronze), for the December 2021 edition of KCC’s BruIN magazine, which doubled as the College’s annual report
- Logo Wear (Silver), for custom knit socks used for promotional giveaways
- Newsletter (Bronze), for BruIN magazine
- Outdoor Media (Bronze), for a Michigan Reconnect billboard placement on I-94
- Poster (Bronze), for a poster promoting the Fall 2021 Bruin Blast event on campus
- Print Advertisement, including Gold for an “Experience KCC” ad placed in the Lakeview Crystal high school student newspaper, Silver for a general KCC ad placed in the Calhoun County Visitors Guide and Bronze for a Spanish-language Michigan Reconnect ad placed in New/Nueva Opinion
- Print Wildcard (Gold), for a Bruin Boo coloring book consisting of coloring and activity pages created by KCC Graphic Design Program students
KCC’s Marketing and Communications Department provides a variety of in-house strategy development, marketing management, graphic design and print services under the leadership of Eric Greene, Vice President for Strategy, Relations and Communications. The marketing team has won a total of 64 Medallion Awards since 2012, as well as 11 prestigious Paragon Awards – national honors bestowed by the NCMPR – over the same time period.
Department employees include Mackenzie Griffith, graphic design process specialist; June Lewis, print and document services staff assistant; Mike Loader, print and document services technician; Cab Rininger, media design manager; Krissy Stolz, marketing and communications specialist; and Simon Thalmann, marketing director. The department also employs part-time student workers as an opportunity for KCC students to learn valuable, on-the-job marketing, communication and design skills.
The NCMPR represents marketing and public relations professionals at community and technical colleges across the United States and Canada. District 3 of the NCMPR includes schools in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Ontario. Gold, Silver and Bronze Medallion and Paragon honors are awarded annually in a variety of marketing and public relations categories.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.