The Kellogg Community College Jazz Band will hold its annual holiday concert Dec. 11 on campus in Battle Creek.
“The Ugly Sweater Swing” concert event will begin at 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11, at the Binda Performing Arts Center, on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. The event is free and open to the public, though a freewill donation will be collected to support future arts initiatives at the College.
Band members under the direction of KCC Jazz Band Director Eric Campbell will perform holiday favorites including:
- “All of Me,” arranged by James Morrison
- “Feliz Navidad,” arranged by Paul Murtha
- “How High the Moon,” arranged by Dave Wolpe
- “Jingle Bells,” arranged by Jim Martin
- “Jolly Old Saint Nick,” arranged by Dave Wolpe
- “Let It Snow,” arranged by Dave Wolpe
- “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town,” arranged by Dave Wolpe
- “Switch in Time,” arranged by Sammy Nestico
- “Time After Time,” arranged by Don Schamber
- “Zat You Santa Claus,” arranged by Tim Culver
Membership in the KCC Jazz Band is open to students and community members alike. The group offers members the opportunity to develop performance skills in contemporary and traditional jazz music through performances on campus and off, including music from all areas of jazz and various rock idioms.
For more information about the KCC Jazz Band or the group’s holiday concert, contact KCC’s Arts and Communication offices at 269-965-4126.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.