The National Weather Service is predicting severe weather for all of our service areas tonight and tomorrow. Please take a moment to review your tornado shelter locations and evacuation routes for each building. Evacuation routes are posted in classrooms for each building.
During a tornado, the National Weather Service will issue an alert advising of a Tornado Warning. It can be issued after a tornado or funnel cloud has been spotted. It can also be issued based on Doppler radar indicators. If the College becomes aware of the alert and/or a siren is activated, all students and staff are expected to evacuate to the nearest shelter.
Each building at KCC has its own designated shelter. Students and staff should familiarize themselves with the location of each shelter in the event of a need to move there.
Tornado shelters located in KCC buildings on the North Avenue campus:
- Binda Performing Arts Center: Basement
- C Building: C Building Classroom First Floor Nursing Simulation Room and Storeroom
- Davidson Center: First Floor Hallway, Rooms 105 and 106
- Lane-Thomas Building: First Floor Room 105 and Mechanical Room
- Miller Gym: Men’s and Women’s Shower Rooms
- Ohm Information and Technology Center: Lower-Level Hallways
- Roll Building: Administrative Storeroom, Mechanical Room on First Floor
- Schwarz Science Building: Lower-Level Hallway
- Severin Building: Lower-Level Mechanical Room
- Student Center: Lower-Level Basement
Tornado shelters located at the regional centers:
- Eastern Academic Center in Albion: Men’s and Woman’s Restrooms, Rooms 112 and 113
- Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings: Basement
- Grahl Center in Coldwater: Men’s and Woman’s Restrooms
- Regional Manufacturing Technology Center in Battle Creek: Men’s and Woman’s Restrooms
Please contact Public Safety at 269-565-2009 with any questions.