Five Kellogg Community College basketball players earned postseason athletic awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association and/or National Junior College Athletic Association for their performance on the court this season.
The men’s basketball team, led by first-year Head Coach Steve Proefrock, finished second the MCCAA Western Conference with an overall record of 14-12, the team’s best finish in 16 years. The team made the postseason for the second consecutive year, the first time they’ve seen back-to-back playoff action in 13 years.
KCC men’s basketball award winners include:
- Sophomore forward Rasheed Dyson (Chicago/Evergreen Park Community High School), NJCAA Region XII Division II All-Region Team, All-MCCAA, MCCAA First Team All-Western Conference, MCCAA Western Conference All-Defensive Team
- Freshman forward/center Sam Hoskin (Detroit/Renaissance High School), MCCAA Honorable Mention All-Western Conference
- Sophomore guard/forward Brett White (Battle Creek/Battle Creek Central High School), NJCAA Region XII Division II All-Region Team, All-MCCAA, MCCAA First Team All-Western Conference
The women’s basketball team, led by first-year Head Coach Sal Konkle, finished seventh in the MCCAA Western Conference.
KCC women’s basketball award winners include:
- Freshman forward Shayla Ardis (Battle Creek/Battle Creek Central High School), Third Team MCCAA All-Western Conference, MCCAA Western Conference All-Freshman Team
- Freshman guard Corrin Replogle (Middleville/Thornapple Kellogg High School), MCCAA Honorable Mention All-Conference
For more information about KCC basketball, including photos and stats for each player, visit kelloggbruins.com.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.