Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning STEM Saturday events partnership with INNOVATE Albion continues this month with a Health Sciences focus May 20 on campus in Battle Creek.
The next STEM Saturday: Health Sciences event – which coincides with National EMS Week May 21-27 – will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 20, on the first floor of the Lane-Thomas Building on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. The event is free and open to the public.
Activities available during the event include:
- An open EMS Sim Lab experience, including access to the College’s ambulance driving simulator
- A Create Your Own First Aid Kit activity
- Crafts including making mechanical hands, brain hats and candy spine models
- Instruction on splinting, airway and other EMS skills
Attendees can also enter a raffle for a chance to win a Human Body STEM Kit to take home.
The May 20 event is just the latest of a series of free monthly STEM Saturday events for kids and their families in Calhoun County that began in January and runs through the end of the year. Each event features hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) activities and demonstrations appropriate for all ages.
Future events will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on the following Saturdays at the locations indicated:
- June 17: Women in STEM, at INNOVATE Albion, 200 W. Center St., Albion
- July 15, at the Marshall Middle School cafeteria, 100 E Green St., Marshall
- Aug. 19: Science, at KCC’s Eastern Academic Center campus, 14055 26 Mile Road, Albion
- Sept. 16: Computer Coding & Clean Energy, at INNOVATE Albion, 200 W. Center St., Albion
- Oct. 21: Manufacturing/Trades, at KCC’s Eastern Academic Center campus, 14055 26 Mile Road, Albion
- Nov. 18: STEM, in the Kellogg Room and Student Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek
- Dec. 16: Computer Science Education, at the Marshall Middle School cafeteria, 100 E Green St., Marshall
STEM Saturdays are funded via support from the Albion Community Foundation, Albion-Homer United Way, Battle Creek Community Foundation, Eaton Corporation, Haas Trucking, Marshall Community Foundation, the Rural Technology Fund and Team 1 Plastics, in addition to support from a $100,000 Consumers Energy Foundation grant awarded in 2022.
For more information, call INNOVATE Albion 517-945-4800 or visit kellogg.edu/youth.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.