Kellogg Community College will join Michigan Community College Association member colleges across the state this month to host a series of Michigan Reconnect events on campus.
Reconnect Week at KCC will run from Monday, July 17, through Thursday, July 20, with events and activities to encourage new eligible students to take advantage of the free-tuition program and sign up for classes at KCC.
In February of 2021, the state’s Michigan Reconnect program began providing free in-district community college tuition to eligible students age 25 and older without a college degree. Since that time more than 1,700 students have taken advantage of the program to further their education at KCC.
Reconnect Week at KCC events, all of which are free and open to the public, include:
- Reconnect Week at KCC Kickoff Cookout from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 17, on campus at 450 North Ave. The family-friendly kickoff event will include free burgers and hot dogs provided by KCC’s Bruin Bistro, yard games, music and other activities, along with KCC staff on hand to provide campus tours and assist anyone interested in enrolling at KCC or learning more about the Michigan Reconnect program. Participants can also enter a drawing for a $100 gift card to the Bruin Bookstore.
- Reconnect Week at KCC Grahl Center Open House from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 18, at KCC’s Grahl Center campus at 125 Seeley St. in Coldwater. The event will feature picnic-style foods, sno-cone making, music, giveaways and more. Additionally, staff will be available for campus tours and opportunities to complete various KCC enrollment processes, including assistance with the Michigan Reconnect program.
- Wat’s Your Why: Meet the President event with KCC President Dr. Paul Watson from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 19, in the Kellogg Room of the Student Center on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. The event will offer a free lunch, opportunities to meet the KCC president, hear from current Michigan Reconnect students and more, including giveaways of KCC swag. Participants can also complete necessary KCC enrollment processes, learn more about the Michigan Reconnect program and take a tour of campus.
- Reconnect Week at KCC Fehsenfeld Center Open House from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 20, at KCC’s Fehsenfeld Center campus at 2950 West M-179 Highway in Hastings. The open house will also feature picnic-style foods, sno-cone making, music, giveaways and more, in addition to campus tours and opportunities to complete various KCC enrollment processes, including assistance with the Michigan Reconnect program.
KCC will also celebrate the week online and on social media with various digital initiatives, including posts highlighting Michigan Reconnect information and other resources.
For more information about Reconnect Week at KCC events or the Michigan Reconnect program, contact the KCC Financial Aid Office at 269-965-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Michigan Reconnect
The state’s Michigan Reconnect program provides free in-district tuition and covers the cost of mandatory fees and contact hours for eligible applicants to pursue select associate degree or certificate programs at any public community college in Michigan.
Eligible students must:
- Be at least 25 years old when they apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
For more information, including answers to frequently asked questions about the program, visit the state’s Michigan Reconnect web page at michigan.gov/reconnect/community-college. More information about using Michigan Reconnect funds at KCC is available on the KCC website at kellogg.edu/reconnect.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.