The Center for Student Success at Kellogg Community College is offering free essay writing, technology and math bootcamps in August to help students improve their writing, technology and math skills.
Interested students should register in advance via the Bruin Portal by clicking “Search For Classes” and searching for “WOSH.”
The bootcamps consist of a mix of lectures and hands-on practice to help prepare students for summer or fall classes. All bootcamps will be held in the Ohm Information Technology Center on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
Essay Writing Bootcamps
Learn how to write a basic five-paragraph essay. The Essay Writing Bootcamp will cover the steps of the writing process, including brainstorming, creating strong thesis statements, outlining, writing and revising. The Essay Writing Bootcamp will be offered at the following times:
- 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, in Ohm 105
- 3 to 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, in Ohm 105
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16, in Ohm 105
Learn how to use technology effectively for your classes! The Technology Bootcamp will cover the modes of communication students will need to use at KCC (including the internet, email and Microsoft Teams), as well as document creation and management through Microsoft Office and OneDrive. The Technology Bootcamp will be offered at the following times:
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, in Ohm 105
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, in Ohm 105
- 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16, in Ohm 105
Math Class Survival Bootcamps
Learn how to survive your math classes! Review basic math skills, test taking, online courses, textbooks and more. The Math Class Survival Bootcamp will be offered at the following times:
- 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, in Ohm 105
- 5 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, in Ohm 105
- 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16, in Ohm 105
For more information about KCC’s Center for Student Success Bootcamps, contact CSS Instructional Assistant April DeOliveira at email@example.com or 269-565-7973.