The Kellogg Community College women’s volleyball season opens this month and includes more than half a dozen home matches at the College’s Miller Physical Education Building on campus in Battle Creek.
This year’s roster of 12 includes three returning sophomores and nine new faces under the leadership of new Head Women’s Volleyball Coach Judy Mason, who’s taking the helm of the women’s volleyball program after several years as assistant coach.
This year’s roster includes:
- Returning sophomore outside hitter Jordyn Arnold (Mattawan/Mattawan High School)
- Freshman defensive specialist/setter Alaina Brubaker (Athens/Athens High School)
- Returning sophomore outside hitter Jillian Clary (Tecumseh/Tecumseh High School)
- Freshman middle blocker/opposite Alana Compton (Middleville/Thornapple Kellogg High School)
- Freshman defensive specialist/outside hitter Kate Doyle (Battle Creek/St. Philip Catholic Central High School)
- Freshman libero/defensive specialist Payge Ellifritz (Three Rivers/Three Rivers High School)
- Freshman setter/opposite Grace Hybels (Plainwell/Plainwell High School)
- Freshman middle blocker Antonia Keith (Charlotte/Charlotte High School)
- Returning sophomore libero/defensive specialist Morgan Keson (Bellevue/Bellevue High School)
- Sophomore middle blocker Ella Kohuth (Louisville, Colorado/Monarch High School)
- Freshman outside hitter Gabrianna Kringle (Kalamazoo/Galesburg-Augusta High School)
- Freshman setter Julia May (Charlotte/Charlotte High School)
In addition to assistant coaching at KCC, Mason has coached at all levels throughout her volleyball coaching career, including middle school, AAU club and high school levels. She’ll be joined courtside this season by new Assistant Coach Colleen Skelton.
The Bruins officially open the season Aug. 10 at a weekend tournament in Benton Harbor, with their first official home match beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, against Henry Ford College in the Miller Gym.
Fans can get a preview of the Bruins on the court this month at the team’s home scrimmage against St. Clair County Community College starting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16, at the gym. A scrimmage against Great Lakes Christian College will follow at 6 p.m.
For more information about women’s volleyball at KCC, including a roster, full season schedule, the latest statistics, an in-depth season preview and photos of each player, visit kelloggbruins.com/sports/wvball or contact Head Women’s Volleyball Coach Judy Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.