Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants for a Nursing Assistant Training Program starting Oct. 30, offered at no cost for Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines.
The training program, offered through KCC’s Innovative Accelerated Credentialed Training (iACT) initiative, will run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays from Oct. 30 through Dec.14 on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
KCC’s Nursing Assistant Training Program prepares students to take the Michigan Nursing Assistant Test to become Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). Students also receive AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider and AHA Heart Saver First Aid training, as well as workplace essential courses in demand with area employers.
The program training includes:
- Workplace essential courses and technical training in health care
- Career coaches to help with goal setting, academic advising, barrier removal and job placement
- Financial literacy training
- Built-in work-based learning activities
- Exposure to health care programs and careers
- Industry recognized credentials
- Preparation for the state’s Nursing Assistant Test
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider training
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid training
Students can also earn the following credentials through their coursework:
- The WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- AHA Heart Saver First Aid Certification
Deadlines and Eligibility
Individuals interested in participating in the Nursing Assistant Training Program offered via KCC’s iACT initiative must contact KCC at 269-565-2828 or complete the information form online at kellogg.edu/iact by 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6. Interested individuals are encouraged to sign up soon, as spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
The program is open at no cost to Battle Creek residents who meet income guidelines. Participants must be at least 18 years of age, provide a high school transcript or GED, complete the Accuplacer Next Generation test and be able attend the training for extended hours daily for the duration of the program. A criminal history background check will be run prior to the start date.
CNA Training Information Sessions
Individuals interested in learning more about the program should plan on attending one of following information sessions:
- 9 to 10 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, in Room 106A of the Ohm Information Technology Center on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek
- 9 to 10 a.m. at the Women’s Co-op, 2055 East Columbia Ave., Battle Creek and 3 to 4 p.m. at the Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek, on Wednesday, Sept. 6
- 10 to 11 a.m. and 4 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, at New Level Sports Ministries, 400 Michigan Ave., Battle Creek
- 9 to 10 a.m. and 3 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, in Room 106A of the Ohm Information Technology Center on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek
- 10 to 11 a.m. at the Women’s Co-op, 2055 East Columbia Ave., Battle Creek and 4 to 5 p.m. at the Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek, on Wednesday, Sept. 13
- 9 to 10 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14, at New Level Sports Ministries, 400 Michigan Ave., Battle Creek
- 11 a.m. to noon and 2 to 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 15, at the Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek
Interested individuals must RSVP in advance by calling 269-565-2828 to reserve their space.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.