Kellogg Community College is accepting applications now for a free “Kellogg Kickstart” program designed to give new students a head start on college.
The program is open to any student intending to register for Spring 2024 classes at KCC who has not received a C grade or better in college-level English or math.
The Kellogg Kickstart program, a state-funded program offered as a way to help stem learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ran for the first time this summer. Forty-four students completed the program in August, with 38 ultimately registering for classes to continue their education this semester at KCC.
The Fall 2023 Kellogg Kickstart cohort will run from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Oct. 10 through Nov. 16, with a free meal provided from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Interested individuals can apply now for free online at https://kellogg-5207.page451.sites.451.io.
The Kellogg Kickstart program is free for students, and completing it offers many benefits. Kickstart students will:
- Complete the requirements for KCC’s required First Year Seminar course and Learning Technologies Readiness course, which saves them time and money.
- Fulfill KCC’s required Academic Advising appointment.
- Receive a weekly stipend in Visa gift cards and a free meal every day of class.
- Get all course materials, including textbooks, free.
- Receive free use of laptop while participating in the Kickstart Program.
- Prepare for college-level English and math courses.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.