A dozen fall sports student-athletes from Kellogg Community College earned postseason athletics awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association and/or National Junior College Athletic Association.
Bruin award winners include the athletes listed below.
Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country
- Freshman men’s runner Zachary Piercy (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), NJCAA Region 12 Division III All-Region Team
- Freshman women’s runner Brenna Withers (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), NJCAA Region 12 Division III All-Region Team
The men’s cross-country team finished an amazing seventh in the nation at the NJCAA Division III National Championship 8K race earlier this month. Withers, who qualified for nationals individually, finished 17th overall in the women’s 5K race.
The National Championship success came on the heels of runner-up finishes from both teams at the NJCAA Region XII championships in October, where Withers placed second and Piercy placed third in their respective races.
For more information about cross-country at KCC, including rosters, statistics and photos of each runner, visit kelloggbruins.com or contact Head Cross-Country Coach Tom Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freshman defender Berlynn Conley (Plainwell/Plainwell High School), All-MCCAA Honorable Mention
- Freshman midfielder Allison Dietzel (Portage/Portage Central High School), NJCAA Region 12 Division II All-Region Team, All-MCCAA Honorable Mention
- Freshman midfielder/forward Lucy Lampart (Kalamazoo/home school), All-MCCAA Honorable Mention
- Freshman forward Aubrey Phenicie (Kalamazoo/Portage Central High School), NJCAA Region 12 Division II All-Region Team, All-MCCAA First Team, MCCAA All-Freshman Team
- Sophomore midfielder Lydia Schamanek (Cadillac/Cadillac High School), All-MCCAA Honorable Mention
- Sophomore forward Bella Smith (Mount Pleasant/Mount Pleasant High School), All-MCCAA Second Team
The women’s soccer team finished a record season earlier this month that saw the team ranked as high as 18th in the nation. The team won the program’s first women’s soccer regional championship in College history, setting records for most wins and goals in a season. It was the also the first time in program history the team was nationally ranked and the first time the team has ever gone to regionals in two consecutive years.
The team finished the season with a 9-5-2 conference record and a 13-6-3 record overall.
For more information about women’s soccer at KCC, including a roster, statistics and photos of each player, visit kelloggbruins.com/sports/wsoc or contact Head Women’s Soccer Coach Levi Butcher at email@example.com.
- Sophomore outside hitter Jordyn Arnold (Mattawan/Mattawan High School), MCCAA All-Western Conference Honorable Mention
- Sophomore outside hitter Jillian Clary (Tecumseh/Tecumseh High School), MCCAA All-Western Conference Honorable Mention
- Freshman outside hitter Gabrianna Kringle (Kalamazoo/Galesburg-Augusta High School), MCCAA All-Western Conference First Team, MCCAA Western Conference All-Freshman Team
- Freshman setter Julia May (Charlotte/Charlotte High School), MCCAA All-Western Conference Honorable Mention
The women’s volleyball team ended the season in the district tournament after making postseason play for the first time since 2017, under new Head Coach Judy Mason. The team finished the season with an even 6-6 conference record and a winning 17-14 record overall.
For more information about women’s volleyball at KCC, including a roster, statistics and photos of each player, visit kelloggbruins.com/sports/wvball or contact Head Women’s Volleyball Coach Judy Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.