Spring 2013 semester classes start this Friday at Kellogg Community College! Are you ready?
Here are some reminders of other things going on this week related to KCC.
Scheduled for today:
- Kellogg Community College is hosting a corrections officer career fair from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Grahl Center in Coldwater to help people learn more about working in the corrections field. The college hosted two similar fairs in November in Battle Creek and Coldwater in anticipation of the State of Michigan hiring hundreds of additional corrections officers over the next year. Click here for more information about the career fair and the job outlook for corrections officers in Michigan from a post on this blog.
- The Kellogg Community College women’s basketball team plays Glen Oaks Community College in an away game beginning at 5:30 p.m. in Centreville. Click here for a complete 2012-13 women’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
- The Kellogg Community College men’s basketball team plays Glen Oaks Community College in an away game beginning at 7:30 p.m. in Centreville. Click here for a complete 2012-13 men’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
- Kellogg Community College’s third annual Diversity Art Contest is accepting entries from students and community members until 4 p.m. Jan. 25. Each category will have a $400 grand prize and three $100 honorable mention awards. Click here for more details from a post on this blog or click here to view the entry form (a PDF).
- The deadline for students to apply for a Gold Key Scholarship for the 2013-14 academic year at Kellogg Community College is Jan. 25. A Gold Key provides $6,000 to recipients, who are awarded $2,500 annually for two years, plus an additional $1,000 for continuing their education after completing a two-year program at KCC. Click here for more information about the scholarship from a post on this blog.
- Textbooks for the Spring 2013 semester are now available at Kellogg Community College’s Bruin Bookstore. View the bookstore’s hours on their website at bookstore.kellogg.edu.
- Registration for the Spring 2013 semester is ongoing, with classes beginning Jan. 18.Click here for a list of classes offered. If you’d like to meet with an advisor in Battle Creek, contact Academic Advising at 269-965-4124 to schedule an appointment. For an appointment at one of KCC’s regional centers, contact the Eastern Academic Center in Albion at 517-630-8169, the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings at 269-948-9500, or the Grahl Center in Coldwater at 517-278-330.