Kellogg Community College invites the public to participate in the College’s third annual Chili Cook-off to benefit the United Way.
The Chili Cook-off will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13, in the Kellogg Room adjacent to the cafeteria on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, and will include recipes prepared by nine KCC staff members. For $5, cook-off patrons can eat as much as they want and vote for their favorite entries. Admission includes beverages and a side dish.
KCC employees entering their recipes in the event include:
- Accounting Clerk Dana Angeletti
- Network Infrastructure Manager Brad Fuller, who was the 2013 Chili Cook-off winner
- Student Life Manager Drew Hutchinson
- Academic Advisor Kerri Langdon
- Resource Room Attendant Susan Leask
- Academic Advising Manager Donna Malaski
- Library Access Services Technician Patty Ralph, who was the 2014 Chili Cook-off winner
- Public Information and Marketing Secretary Kristen Stolz
- Chief of Public Safety and Director of Student Relations Harold West
All money raised during the event will go to the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region to support the organization’s 2015 fundraising campaign.
Money raised for the United Way is used for everything from supporting literacy programs to enabling older students and adults to attend college. Funds also help provide individuals with access to health care and job search and transportation assistance.
KCC employees have participated in the United Way campaign on an organizational level for more than 25 years, raising a record $21,447 during the 2014 campaign. The College received one of 10 Over-Achiever awards from the organization in 2014 in recognition of the College’s work on the United Way’s behalf.
For more information about KCC’s participation in the 2015 United Way campaign, contact KCC campaign co-chair and Dean of Student Services Terah Zaremba at email@example.com. For more information about the United Way, visit www.changethestory.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.