Kellogg Community College is seeking applicants now for an open Faculty Coordinator, Medical Assistant Program position.
View the job listing or apply now online at jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/530.
This full-time faculty position will report to the Director of Allied Health and will be responsible to lead the activities of the new Medical Assistant Program and represent the College with employers and community partners to develop and deliver courses and programs that address needs for a medical assistant workforce. The Medical Assistant program has been developed as a hybrid program with much of the content delivered online with non-traditional scheduling for on-campus lab instruction.
This regular, tenure-track faculty coordinator position works 166 days, typically scheduled Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evening and weekend hours likely. Work hours may be required at any of the College’s five campuses.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources, and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes to Grand Rapids and Lansing, and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. At the time of application, attach unofficial transcripts showing completed coursework and degree conferred.
2. Credentialed in good standing in medical assisting, by an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
3. Minimum three (3) years of employment in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistant.
4. Professional leadership experience with demonstrated qualities that support relationship building and continuous quality improvement.
5. Strong strategic planning and problem-solving skills.
6. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Experience with budgeting and fiscal accountability practices.
Preferred but not required:
1. Minimum of one (1) year teaching experience in post-secondary and/or vocational/technical education.
2. Experience within an online teaching and/or learning environment.
3. Instruction in educational theory and technique.
4. Experience teaching in a community college.
5. Course/curriculum design and development experience.
6. Experience with programmatic accreditation or other quality standard compliance.
7. Experience with student assessment, advisement and remediation.
8. Experience with program assessment and improvement strategies to assure program effectiveness.
9. Experience working with a diverse population.
At this time, this position is open to internal/external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than Monday, Feb. 12, 2018 at 9 a.m. EST, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269-565-2074 or e-mail email@example.com.
Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.