Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. To view the original posts, click through the links in the organizations’ titles.
- Philanthropy News Digest posted an article about the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and America Achieves commitment of $1.5 million in support of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. Kellogg Community College is among just five community colleges in Michigan and 120 nationwide invited to compete for the $1 million 2013 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot posted an article on MLive.com highlighting Lincoln Hackworth, of Homer, who has signed a letter of intent to play men’s basketball at Kellogg Community College next season. Hackworth holds high school records for most three-pointers in a game, season and career as well as most free-throw attempts.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer quotes 21-year-old Kellogg Community College student Meagan Metheny in an article about summer jobs for teens. The article says Metheny has worked at West Columbia 7 and Riverview Recreation Inc. since she was 16.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer also posted a profile of 94-year-old Dr. Anne C. Buffinga-Sidnam. The article says the Cascade Township native earned her chiropractic degree before she was 21 years old, became board certified in 1939, and earned a degree in naturopathy in Tennessee before studying commercial art at Kellogg Community College.
- Enjoy Malahide, a community website based in Malahide, Ireland, has posted about the Kellogg Community College Choral Union’s upcoming performance in Malahide as part of their Concert Tour of Ireland on their blog, on their events calendar and on their Facebook page.
- Yesterday was Thursday, which means a new edition of the Battle Creek Shopper News. This week’s edition includes an article about the Horizons at KCC program, the first of its kind in the state. Click here for more information about the Horizons at KCC program.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our press releases online at kellogg.edu/news/press.html.