Patient simulator Joe highlights the Nursing Alumni Picnic

The other day we stopped by to visit Joe, one of the nursing patient simulators in the Nursing Simulation Lab on the North Avenue campus of Kellogg Community College, and he wanted us to make sure and get the word out about the upcoming Nursing Alumni Picnic.

Watch the video above to see Joe’s open invitation to the college’s RN alumni to attend the picnic, which is scheduled for Aug. 25, and click here for more information about the picnic from a previous post on this blog.

Those who wish to attend the Nursing Alumni Picnic must RSVP by Aug. 17, 2012, by visiting www.kellogg.edu/alliedhealth/nursing/picnic.html, emailing 50yearsofnursing@kellogg.edu or calling 269-565-2007. Participants for whom it is necessary to bring a guest should call 269-565-2007 to make special arrangements.

Joe had a bit of a frog in his throat when we shot the video, so if you have trouble hearing the audio, here’s the full text:

Oh, hi. I’m Joe. If you’ve graduated from the RN program at Kellogg Community College anytime in the past few years, I’m sure we’ve probably met. In fact, I’m sure you’re probably more familiar with me than you’d like to be.

But if you’re one of the hundreds of RN graduates that predate my time here in the Nursing Simulation Lab, I may have yet to make your acquaintance. The nursing staff here at the college would love to introduce us.

Stop by during Kellogg Community College’s Nursing Alumni Picnic on August 25 and say hello. The picnic will include a free lunch, fellowship with fellow health care professionals who got their starts here at KCC, and a tour that will include yours truly.

RSVP by August 17 and I’ll plan to meet you here. After all, I’m not going anywhere.

For more information about Kellogg Community College’s Nursing Program, visit www.kellogg.edu/alliedhealth/nursing. See more videos on Kellogg Community College’s YouTube page at www.youtube.com/user/KelloggCommunityColl.