Here are some reminders of things going on this weekend at Kellogg Community College.
- The Kellogg Community College women’s soccer team plays Cincinnati State Technical and Community College at 1 p.m. on the soccer field on the college’s North Avenue campus. The team tied Muskegon Community College 2-2 in their last home game on Aug. 25. Click here for a fall soccer schedule.
- Members of the Kellogg Community College men’s basketball team lead kids in basketball skills and fundamentals drills from 1 to 6 p.m. at Stellrecht Park, 85 Bennett St., Battle Creek. The activity is part of a free afternoon of events scheduled for a neighborhood reunion in the park, which will also include a cookout, card games for adults and other activities for children. Click here for more info.
- It may be fall, but the Kellogg Community College baseball team is anything but inactive. The team plays scrimmages as part of the Michigan JUCO Showcase today and tomorrow at Bailey Park in Battle Creek.
Scheduled for next week:
- The 3.2-mile Law Enforcement Torch Run to raise funds for the Special Olympics starts in the parking lot of Kellogg Community College’s North Avenue campus at 9 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10. Click here for more info.
- Also Monday, the student “Deep South Landscape Photography” exhibit officially opens in the Davidson Visual Arts and Performing Center. The exhibit will be on display through Monday, Oct. 8. Click here for more info.
- Open calls for membership in Kellogg Community College’s Branch County Community Chorus continue beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 284 W. State St., Coldwater. Click here for more info.
- The eighth annual Bruin Blast, Kellogg Community College’s welcome event for students, starts at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 12, near the reflecting pools on the college’s North Avenue campus. Click here for more info.