Happy 12/12/12! Here are some reminders of things going on today related to Kellogg Community College.
Scheduled for today:
- Textbook buyback began at 9:30 a.m. on Kellogg Community College’s North Avenue campus and will run through 6 p.m., to continue with hours each weekday through Dec. 18. Buyback will also be available today at KCC’s Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings from 3 to 6 p.m. Click here for a full schedule of textbook buyback dates and times from a post on this blog, which includes information for the Grahl Center in Coldwater and the Eastern Academic Center in Albion.
- The student-led Bruin Christian Fellowship club will participate in group fellowship from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the North Walkway on Kellogg Community College’s North Avenue campus.
- The student-led Kampus Activities Board will hold a general meeting beginning at 1 p.m. in the lobby of the Lane-Thomas Building.
- Poets included in the latest edition of Kellogg Community College’s Mosaic Art and Literary Magazine will read from the work and celebrate its publication at an event beginning at 1 p.m. in room 301 of the C Classroom Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Free copies of Mosaic will be available to pick up at the event.
- Students from Kellogg Community College’s Opera Workshop will perform “Opera Meets Broadway, Part 2: Get Your Diva On” beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Binda Theatre. Click here for more information about the event from a post on this blog, and click here to view short video previews of several of the songs to be performed during the event on KCC’s Viddy page.
- Battle Creek artist Joanna Learner’s “Reflections” exhibit, which is on display in the Eleanor R. & Robert A. DeVries Gallery in Kellogg Community College’s Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center, continues through Dec. 14. Click here for more information about the exhibit from a post on this blog.
- The Kellogg Community College Art League is sponsoring a Food Drive through Dec. 17. Individuals who wish to contribute are asked to drop off nonperishable items in the box outside the office of the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus.
- Kellogg Community College is a Salvation Army Angel Tree Toy Drive donation site. Donation tags can be found on the holiday tree next to the Public Safety desk outside the Student Center through Dec. 19.
- The Annual Holiday Sale at Kellogg Community College’s Bruin Bookstore continues through Dec. 21. During the sale, all clothing and select gift items will be 20 percent off for students and community members, while KCC employees will get an additional 10 percent off on top of their employee discount. Click here for more information about the sale from a post on this blog.
- Kellogg Community College’s third annual Diversity Art Contest is accepting entries from students and community members until 4 p.m. Jan. 25. Each category will have a $400 grand prize and three $100 honorable mention awards. Click here for more details from a post on this blog or click here to view the entry form (a PDF).