Thirteen out of 15 sophomore baseball players on the roster at Kellogg Community College this spring have committed to play for four-year schools next season.
All 15 of the sophomores will be transferring to four-year schools to continue their studies.
“We are proud of our strong reputation as a program that moves players to the next level,” said Eric Laskovy, head coach of the Bruins baseball team. “This sophomore class was amazing on and off the field. It’s great to see their hard work pay off.”
Bruins players moving on to play at four-year schools next season include:
- Jeremy Bagnall (Gibraltar/Carlson High School), University of Montevallo
- Patrick Bobolts (Middleville/Thornapple Kellogg High School), Grand Valley State University
- Drew Carlile (Fort Collins, Colo./Poudre High School), Bradley University
- Kody Carson (Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School), Centenary College of Louisiana
- Larsen Cronkright (Midland/Bullock Creek High School), Northwood University
- Chad Mayle (Midland/H.H. Dow High School), Western Michigan University
- Travis Moore (Hastings/Lakeview High School), Bryan College
- Dirk Ormsby (Ligonier, Ind./West Noble High School), Northern Illinois University
- Trent Pell (Eaton Rapids/Eaton Rapids High School), Oakland University
- Bryan Stevens (Portage/Portage Central High School), Western Kentucky University
- Jon Timmerman (Huntertown, Ind./Carroll High School), Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Jacob Wakeland (Richland/Gull Lake High School), Northwood University
- Derek Yoder (Nappanee, Ind./NorthWood High School), Murray State University
This past spring, the Bruins baseball team captured their second consecutive Michigan Community College Athletic Association conference title, the eighth in program history.
Additionally, the team was named a 2012-13 MCCAA All-Academic Team and an National Junior College Athletic Association 2012-13 All-Academic Team, designations that honor academic excellence and require a minimum team GPA of 3.0. The KCC baseball team carried a team GPA of 3.2 this year.
For more information about the baseball program at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/athletics/baseball/index.html or contact Coach Laskovy at 269-965-3931 ext. 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.