Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- Today is Thursday, which means a new edition of the Battle Creek Shopper News. The latest edition of the free publication includes a number of articles related to Kellogg Community College.
- “Word around town: The music of poetry; Historian speaks on Native American history” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Kellogg Community College, 450 North Ave., will celebrate the spoken word with poetry readings and musical performances at the school’s fourth annual Schubertiade. The event, held in KCC’s Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center, will start at 3 p.m. Sunday. Students, faculty and the community will gather to play live music and read poetry in the tradition of celebrations of Austrian composer Franz Schubert. Refreshments will also be served at the free event. … Historian Elizabeth Neumeyer will discuss the history of the Indian Removal Act of 1830, and how it impacted Michigan, at Kingman Museum’s next free lecture event at 6 p.m. Oct. 10. Neumeyer, a former history professor at Kellogg Community College, will discuss how the policy was carried out, what the Potawatomi Trails of Death were and what brought about the end of the Act, among other topics.
- “College Notebook: KCC women’s soccer seeks 1st league win; KCC volleyball aims to improve” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Kellogg Community College women’s soccer team will have multiple opportunities this week to record their first league victory in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association this season. … The Kellogg Community College volleyball team visited Lake Michigan CC on Tuesday, looking to end its 11-game losing streak.”
- “Al Barney’s life has been a musical journey” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “He and the viola d’amore are going to perform with his own amore, wife Jan Emery, at 4 p.m. Oct. 13, at Kellogg Community College in the Davidson building.”
- “No. 2 USC Hosts Streaking Seventh-Ranked Stanford” (USC Trojans): “USC has won three of its last five head-to-heads with the Cardinal and is 6-6 in home matches with Stanford under head coach Mick Haley. The Trojans’ next victory will be Haley’s 1,100th career win as a women’s collegiate head coach (including seven years at Kellogg CC).”
- “Better Bridge in Barry County October 10 2013” (Better Bridge in Barry County MI): “Bridge News: Currently nine students are studying defense techniques in their class in Battle Creek’s Kellogg Community College bridge class. Leads, counting, and signaling are all part of this class. A beginning class for new bridge players or those who wish to review the new Standard American system will begin on Monday, October 28th. You are invited to enroll at KCC’s Life Long Learning program at 269-965-4134.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.