Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- “Educational benefits for veterans abound” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Psalmonds, a struggling writer and novice photographer, decided to enroll at Kellogg Community College, about four decades after graduating high school.”
- “West Michigan Veterans Day Activities” (FOX 17): “And in Battle Creek, Kellogg Community College is celebrating the service of U.S. military veterans by designating November Honor Our Veterans Month.”
- “Aviation experts: Chances of surviving plane crash are better than past” (NewsChannel5): “‘You need to be aware of your surroundings. Where are you sitting? How far is the closest exit? How many rows back are you from the exit? So, you should be counting it,’ said Joe Teixeira, Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Coordinator at Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek, Mich.”
- “How to get out of an airplane crash alive” (NewsChannel5): “‘You need to know yourself how to get out,’ said Joe Teixeira, the Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Coordinator at Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek, Michigan. … Teixeira trains firefighters all over the country, including at Cleveland’s Burke Lakefront Airport, with the mock airplane that simulates fire as part of a mandated Federal Aviation Administration training exercise.” (Also posted on the blog The Kathryn Report.)
- “Letter: Thank you for evacuation assistance” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “On behalf of the staff, residents, and families of Evergreen Senior Care and Rehab Center, I would like to thank everyone who assisted us Monday, Oct. 28. Those organizations include: the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department, the Springfield Fire Department, Kellogg Community College Police Department, Kellogg Community College nursing students, and the Michigan State Police.”
- “Michigan Police Training: Popular Police Academies” (Police Academy Training Locations): “Among the community colleges, some of the most popular choices for police training are the Grand Rapids Community College Police Academy, Lansing Community College, and the Kellogg Community College Police Academy.”
- “You are Cordially Invited to the March for LIFE 2014” (Students for Life of Michigan): “We come from universities large and small, The University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Grand Valley University, Central Michigan University, Aquinas College, Hillsdale College, and Kellogg Community College.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.