Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- “Theater review: Warm up with the nostalgic ‘Bus Stop'”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “As the Kellogg Community College Theatre Department awaits the construction of its new theater, the college needed a venue to stage its winter semester show and a partnership was born. ‘Bus Stop’ heralds the first joint production in What A Do history and all road signs point out the way toward a rousing success.”
- “Life of educator John Fehsenfeld included community”(Hastings Banner): “Before agreeing to have his name used for the new Hastings campus of Kellogg Community College back in 1996, John Fehsenfeld insisted on only one condition: that the signage with his name be shared with a favorite quote from W.K. Kellogg.”
- “FireKeepers Casino Hotel to distribute fifth round of casino revenue sharing money”(MLive.com): “The municipalities to benefit include: Harper Creek Community Schools; Calhoun County Road Commission; Emmett Township; Calhoun County; Calhoun Intermediate School District; Kellogg Community College; Willard Library; Athens Township; Marshall Township; Marshall; Battle Creek; Athens Area Schools; Athens; Battle Creek Public Schools; Marshall Public Schools; Lakeview School District; and Pennfield School.”
- “College Notebook: KCC women looking to end slide; KCC men suffering growing pains”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Kellogg Community College women’s basketball team will try to end its four-game losing streak tonight when it visits Glen Oaks CC for a 5:30 p.m. tipoff. … The Kellogg Community College men’s basketball team is still looking for its first victory since Dec. 6, due in large part to an eight-man roster that includes seven freshmen.”
- “The school arms race: No clear winner; New city high schools had little impact on enrollment”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “Before Central’s expansion, students had to leave the school and walk to another building across the street for gym class. They had to take a bus to Kellogg Community College to swim.”
- “KCC Foundation concerns raised last summer: College trustees wanted more out of scholarship organization”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “Concerns about performance at the Kellogg Community College Foundation were raised as early as last summer, months before the foundation’s longtime chief was told her contract wouldn’t be renewed, two college trustees said Tuesday.”
- “Ousted KCC Foundation chief Ginger Cutsinger stands by her work; Cutsinger: Never told of concerns”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “Ginger Cutsinger said Wednesday ‘nothing negative was ever said’ to her about her performance as executive director of the Kellogg Community College Foundation before she was put on administrative leave last week.”
- “Cutsinger cited for unmet goals: Performance review scores slipped last three years”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “The chief of the Kellogg Community College Foundation received incrementally lower performance reviews for three years before being placed on administrative leave last week.”
- “Western Michigan Baseball Travels to Memphis to Open 2014 Season”(WMU Broncos): “MAYLE MAN: In his first season at WMU, junior RHP Chad Mayle is expected to have an immediate impact … Mayle spent his first two seasons at Kellogg Community College, where he was a NJCAA First-Team Baseball All-American and Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA) Player of the Year in 2013 … Mayle had an 8-1 record with a 0.94 ERA and 56 strikeouts last season.”
- “Western Michigan Baseball Falls in Game Two at Memphis, 4-2”(WMU Broncos): “In his first appearance in a Bronco uniform, Kellogg Community College transfer Chad Mayle took the loss after getting the start. The junior right-hander went three innings and gave up two runs and four hits. He walked three and struck out one.”
- “Hall of Fame Weekend at Eastern Michigan: Ceremony will be held Saturday, Feb. 15, in the EMU Student Center”(EMU Eagles): “Ken Behmer is this year’s recipient of the Ron Oestrike Distinguished Service Award. … Behmer served as the Director of Counseling and Dean for Student Development at Kellogg Community College for 13 years.”
- “27-year prison term inspires Battle Creek author”(Macomb Daily): “Steiner is working with homeless veterans and at-risk teens and studying for a social work degree at Kellogg Community College.”
- “Enrollment drops 13 percent at Kalamazoo Valley Community College”(MLive.com): “Just three of Michigan’s 28 community colleges saw an increase in head count for the winter 2014 semester, according to a report by the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers. Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek was up 3.4 percent, Southwest Michigan College near Dowagiac reported a 1.6 percent increase and Gogebic Community College stayed in the black with 0.36 percent.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.