Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- “Coffee with a Cop set for May 20” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Battle Creek area law enforcement agencies will present Coffee with a Cop Tuesday, May 20 from 10 a.m. to noon in the Kellogg Room of the Kellogg Community College Student Center.”
- “Pease, Rabbit help students through scholarships” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “That student made it through Kellogg Community College and got the job he wanted, Pease said.”
- “Chuck Carlson column: Two years of Connections? Time does fly” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “It is still cause for revelry and this is as good a time as any to look back at some of the people and events that made our second year so memorable. For example… KCC music professor Gerald Blanchard, who continues his quest to keep a truly American form of music strong and vibrant.”
- “Word Around Town: Send KCC chorus to Italy” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Choral Union of Kellogg Community College is heading to Italy this year. Help send them off with a couple of fundraising events.”
- “Recyclerama to be Held this Saturday” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “This event will be held rain or shine at Kellogg Community Colleges parking lot H located at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, Michigan.”
- “Faculty votes no confidence in Bona, Byrd says board won’t be pressured” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The chairman of the Kellogg Community College Board of Trustees said Saturday the board won’t be pressured by the faculty’s Friday vote of no confidence in President Dennis Bona, who was recently cleared of wrongdoing by a board investigation.”
- “College Notebook: GLIAC features local standouts; Athletes shine in baseball/softball” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “In baseball, Northwood features Olivet High School and Kellogg Community College product Andrew Fleming. … Another player with local ties is having a big year for Northwood, as former Kellogg Community College standout Larsen Cronkright leads the team with a .394 average — fifth best in the GLIAC. … The Kellogg Community College baseball team is trending in the right direction after a recent slump in Michigan Community College Athletic Association play. … The Kellogg Community College softball team has put itself in title contention with 12 games left in the season thanks to its recent five-game winning streak.”
- “Prep roundup: COLLEGE BASEBALL” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “(At) KCC 12-2, Kalamazoo Valley 2-0: Ben Spieldenner improved to 6-0, allowing one earned run over six innings with two strikeouts for KCC. The Bruins’ Benny Clark was 3-for-4 with two doubles and three runs scored and Tyler Bradner was 2-for-3 with two doubles and two RBIs. In Game 2, Kyle Smith (Harper Creek) picked up the winwith a complete-game shutout, tossing five strikeouts. At the plate for KCC (19-17, 11-7 MCCAA), Travis Bolin had a double and Chad Carson a hit and RBI.”
- “Local athletes compete at collegiate level” (Cadillac News): “Kellogg Community College freshman SS/OF Mary Emington (Cadillac H.S.) is hitting .421 with 12 home runs and a team-high 36 RBIs for the Bruins’ softball team.”
- “Lady Vikings softball loses twice” (Three Rivers Commercial-News): “The Glen Oaks Community College women’s softball team dropped a pair of games Tuesday at Kellogg Community College 12-1 and 17-0.”
- “Muskegon Community College sports recap: SOFTBALL” (MLive.com): “The Jayhawks (16-11) have remaining dates against first-place Kalamazoo Valley Community College and Kellogg Community College, which sits just two games back of MCC in the Western Conference standings.”
- “Broncos Clash With Northern Illinois in Weekend MAC Series at Homer Stryker Field” (WMU Broncos): “Mayle has thrown one complete game and has 38 K’s in 60 IP this season … this is his first year at WMU after transferring from Kellogg Community College, where he was a JUCO All-American.”
- “Battaglia’s Squeeze Bunt Seals Huskie Win: Neumann improves to 4-0 on the mound” (NIU Huskies): “With pitcher Dirk Orsmbsy (Ligonier, Indiana/Kellogg Community College) getting into the jam in the seventh inning, Neummann entered for Orsmby as the fifth pitcher out of the NIU bullpen.”
- “Battaglia’s squeeze bunt seals Huskie baseball win” (NIU Today): With pitcher Dirk Orsmbsy (Ligonier, Indiana/Kellogg Community College) getting into the jam in the seventh inning, Neummann entered for Orsmby as the fifth pitcher out of the NIU bullpen.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.