Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- “Harper Creek’s Ian Bush helps bring books to soldiers” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “At 21, the former Kellogg Community College student has five published books in anthologies and has been writing for years.”
- “Kellogg Community College president off leave” (Cadillac News): “Kellogg Community College President Dennis Bona is returning to work after an investigation into his interactions with college personnel didn’t find evidence of wrongdoing.”
- “NRCTC President elected to the AACC board” (WVVA): “Washington became the third president of New River CTC in March of 2013. He previously served as vice president of the Lancaster Campus of Harrisburg Area Community College in Pennsylvania and vice president of student services at Kellogg Community College in Michigan.”
- “KCC softball set for second postseason appearance in program history: Lady Bruins looking to earn respect at NJCAA Regional” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Kellogg Community College softball team isn’t in uncharted territory, but it is pretty darn close. The Lady Bruins will take the field Wednesday at Abbott Park in East Lansing to play in the postseason for only the second time in the program’s 35-year history.”
- “College Notebook: League title chase heating up for KCC baseball” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Kellogg Community College baseball team is in a position to defend its Michigan Community College Athletic Association crown heading into the final week of the regular season.”
- “College Notebook: KCC baseball hopes to stay hot in final stretch; KCC softball qualifies for regional” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “With a seven-game winning streak, the Kellogg Community College baseball team is the hottest squad in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association going into the final month of the regular season. … The Kellogg Community College softball team will be playing extra ball for the first time since 2009. The Lady Bruins (19-18, 9-5 MCCAA West) recently qualified for the NJCAA District G Regional Tournament following a split with Muskegon CC.”
- “Local athletes compete at collegiate level” (Cadillac News): “Kellogg Community College freshman SS/OF Mary Emington (Cadillac H.S.) is hitting .414 with 13 home runs and a team-high 36 RBIs for the Bruins’ softball team. Kellogg CC has qualified for the NJCAA District Tournament later this week at Abbott Park in East Lansing.”
- “High school baseball previews” (Midland Daily News): “MIDLAND HIGH CHEMICS … Key losses: Alex Goodwin (Kellogg Community College).”
- “WMU Hosts Eastern Michigan at Homer Stryker in Pivotal MAC Series” (WMU Broncos): “Saturday starter, junior RHP Chad Mayle (4-4, 2.81 ERA) has the ninth lowest ERA in the conference and the fourth lowest ERA during league play at 2.22 in MAC games … Mayle has thrown one complete game and has 41 K’s in 67.1 IP this season … this is his first year at WMU after transferring from Kellogg Community College, where he was a JUCO All-American.”
- “Prep notebook: St. Philip baseball plans benefit for former coach Mike Bess” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Now coaching at East Lansing High School, Bess has also umpired at the professional and collegiate levels, and was the head baseball coach at Kellogg Community College from 1978-1980.”
- “Muskegon Community College sports recap: Softball marches into postseason” (MLive.com): “After sitting dormant for a week following an April 26 split with Kellogg Community College, the Jayhawks returned to the field Sunday May 4 and topped the KVCC Cougars 3-2 in the first game and dropping the second game 13-3.”
- “Delta College baseball flourishing behind local talent” (The Morning Sun): “‘We came in as the No. 8 seed and knocked off the No. 1 seed in the first game. We then knocked off the No. 3 seed in the second and then beat Kellogg Community College in the winner’s bracket championship.'”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.