*Fall 2014 registration is now open! Click here for more information!
Here are some links to recent items of note relevant to Kellogg Community College students, staff and community members.
- KCC’s Board of Trustees presented KCC President Dr. Dennis Bona with a two-year contract Thursday that will expire June 30, 2016 (Battle Creek Enquirer and WMUK)
- The June 26 edition of the Battle Creek Shopper News includes multiple articles related to KCC, including a feature on the Choral Union Touring Choir’s current concert tour of Italy
- KCC’s women’s basketball team is hosting a series of free open gym nights for girls in seventh-12th grades on Wednesdays through the summer (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- Battle Creek firefighters trained last week using KCC’s Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) trainer (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- KCC alumni held the first Calhoun Classic Basketball Tournament at the Miller Gym on Saturday (Battle Creek Enquirer and Lansing State Journal)
- KCC art student Graham Fukuyama is on the verge of publishing 500 copies of a children’s book he authored for his semester-long Art Seminar class project (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- KCC Human Services professor Dr. Sheila Matthews is set to receive the 2014 Outstanding Faculty Award from the Michigan Community College Association (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- Among the athletes spending their summers together on the roster of the East Coast Michigan 18 and under travel baseball team is Hayden Robbins, who pitched and served as a designated hitter for KCC this spring (The Voice)
- Alumnus, former KCC instructor and Battle Creek city commissioner and current college instructor Ryan Hersha says he decided to major in English because of the professors who taught him at KCC (Battle Creek Enquirer and Times Herald)
- KCC alumnus Jordan Blekking, currently serving in Zambia with the Peace Corps, cites a W.K. Kellogg quote featured on campus in his latest column (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- Columnist Joe Landon says teaching communications courses at KCC was the fulfillment of a dream (Naples News)
- Columnist Linda Jo Scott mentions playing her violin at KCC in a recent column (Battle Creek Enquirer)
- Marshall Board of Education President Victor Potter cites a collaboration with KCC to house an alternative high school as a success on his resume for his current state House campaign (MLive)
Send submissions for future “KCC Links” posts to Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.