The Kellogg Community College Opera Theater Ensemble’s presentation of “Amahl and the Night Visitors” and scenes from “The Italian Girl in Algiers” opens tonight, but if you can’t make it to the show there are other ways you can show your support for the music area at KCC.
KCC has partnered with MobileCause to offer digital donation capabilities for supporters who would like to donate to various College initiatives online or via mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones. Supporters can now donate digitally to KCC music programs in the following ways:
- Text the word music to 71777 and follow the link for instructions
- Visit http://igfn.us/vf/music and donate online.
Dr. Gerald Blanchard, music coordinator at KCC and artistic director of the productions showing this weekend, lists the following projects from the music area’s 2014-15 season as the types of music initiatives that benefit from community support:
- Handel’s “Messiah” (Dec. 13)
- Guest Artist Master Classes (Feb. 22 and April 18)
- “Pirates of Penzance” (several dates in March)
- Haydn’s “Lord Nelson Mass” with full orchestra (April 12)
- Concert Tour of Michigan (summer 2016)
- Southern Concert Tour of Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida (summer 2018)
- Concert Tour of Australia (summer 2020)
“Your dollars also help to support student music scholarships,” Blanchard said. “On occasion a student wants to participate but cannot due to finances. These dollars play an integral role in supporting our student and community membership.”
For more information about music programming at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/music.