Kellogg Community College’s baseball and softball seasons are in full swing after kicking off with the teams’ annual preseason trips down south.
KCC’s baseball team returned from a week of play in Louisiana before opening conference play with a pair of wins over Glen Oaks Community College in Centreville on Friday. The KCC softball team played a week in Cocoa Beach, Fla., before returning to best double headers against powerhouse Kalamazoo Valley Community College – the defending conference champions – and Grand Rapids Community College at home at Bailey Park in Battle Creek on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
See below for information about rosters, schedules and media photos for each team.
KCC baseball roster
This year’s KCC baseball roster of 27 includes 13 sophomores and 14 freshman. Locals on the squad include sophomore pitcher Caleb Frein, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School; and freshman pitcher/first baseman Jason Mueller, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School.
A full KCC baseball roster is available on the KCC website at www.kellogg.edu/athletics/baseball/roster. Team and individual player photos of the KCC baseball team and its members are available for download for use by fans and the media on the College’s Flickr page at www.flickr.com/photos/kelloggcommunitycollege/sets/72157650629880028.
KCC softball roster
This year’s KCC softball roster of 14 includes five sophomores and nine freshman. Locals on the squad include freshman outfielder Kelsey Konkol, of Homer/Homer Community High School; freshman catcher Mallory Ray, of Tekonsha/Homer Community High School; and sophomore pitcher Anorah Seita, of Battle Creek/Galesburg High School.
A full KCC softball roster is available on the KCC website at www.kellogg.edu/athletics/softball/roster. Team and individual player photos of the KCC softball team and its members are available for download for use by fans and the media on the College’s Flickr page at www.flickr.com/photos/kelloggcommunitycollege/sets/72157650629880028.
The KCC baseball and softball teams’ schedules include 11 home events for the baseball team and seven remaining home events for the softball team. Full schedules for each team, including away games and postseason play information, are available on KCC’s website at www.kellogg.edu/athletics/baseball/schedule and www.kellogg.edu/athletics/softball/schedule. All currently scheduled remaining home games, listed below, will be played at Battle Creek’s Bailey Park with free admission.
KCC baseball home games
- 3 p.m. Thursday, March 26, vs. Glen Oaks Community College
- 1 p.m. Saturday, March 28, vs. Mott Community College
- 1 p.m. Saturday, April 4, vs. Delta College
- 2 p.m. Thursday, April 9, vs. Jackson College
- 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 14, vs. Grand Rapids Community College
- 2 p.m. Thursday, April 16, vs. Davenport University JV
- 1 p.m. Saturday, April 18, vs. St. Clair County Community College
- 3 p.m. Monday, April 20, vs. Concordia University JV
- 3 p.m. Thursday, April 23, vs. Indiana Tech JV
- 1 p.m. Saturday, May 2, vs. Macomb Community College
- 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 5, vs. Glen Oaks Community College
KCC softball home games
- 3 p.m. Friday, March 27, vs. Lake Michigan College
- 1 p.m. Saturday, March 28, vs. Glen Oaks Community College
- 3 p.m. Thursday, April 2, vs. Ancilla College
- 1 p.m. Saturday, April 4, vs. Lansing Community College
- 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 14, vs. Jackson College
- 3 p.m. Friday, April 24, vs. Muskegon Community College
- 3 p.m. Monday, May 4, vs. Owens Community College
For more information about KCC’s baseball or softball teams, visit www.kellogg.edu/athletics, contact the KCC Athletics Department at 269-965-4151 or email Athletic Director Tom Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.