The Kellogg Community College baseball team clinched its eighth conference championship this month and will play for the program’s 10th regional finals appearance during regionals this week at Bailey Park in Battle Creek.
The Bruins wrapped up regular season play last week, topping the conference with a near-perfect 23-3 Michigan Community College Athletic Association conference record and an overall record of 33-14. The team’s conference title is its third in the last four years, with the last title won in 2013.
The Bruins next play at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, as part of the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II North Baseball Tournament to be held May 13 through 16 at Bailey Park. The NJCAA Division II North Baseball Tournament schedule follows below. In 2014, the team finished second in the tournament.
NJCAA DII North Baseball Tournament schedule
Wednesday, May 13
- Game 1: Delta College vs. Macomb Community College, C.O. Brown Stadium, 11:30 a.m.
- Game 2: Owens Community College vs. Mott Community College, Nichols Field, noon
- Game 3: Muskegon Community College vs. Kellogg Community College, C.O. Brown Stadium, 3:30 p.m.
- Game 4: Henry Ford Community College vs. Sinclair Community College, Nichols Field, 4 p.m.
- Game 5: Loser of Game 2 vs. Loser of Game 4, C.O. Brown Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
- Game 6: Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 3, Nichols Field, 8 p.m.
Thursday, May 14
- Game 7: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 3, Nichols Field, 11:30 a.m.
- Game 8: Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 4, C.O. Brown Stadium, noon
- Game 9: Winner of Game 5 vs. Loser of Game 7, Nichols Field, 3:30 p.m.
- Game 10: Winner of Game 6 vs. Loser of Game 8, C.O. Brown Stadium, 4 p.m.
Friday, May 15
- Game 11: Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8, C.O. Brown Stadium, 11:30 a.m.
- Game 12: Winner of Game 9 vs. Winner of Game 10, C.O. Brown Stadium, 3:30 p.m.
- Game 13: Winner of Game 12 vs. Loser of Game 11, C.O. Brown Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 16
- Game 14: Winner of Game 11 vs. Winner of Game 13, C.O. Brown Stadium, noon
- Game 15: Winner of Game 14 vs. Loser of Game 14, C.O. Brown Stadium, 4 p.m. (if necessary)
Click here for a tournament bracket.
If the Bruins win the NJCAA tournament, the team will qualify for the 2015 NJCAA Division II Baseball World Series May 23 through 30 at David Allen Memorial Ballpark in Enid, Okla. KCC has qualified for the World Series five times since 1999, finishing second in the nation in 1999 and 2007; the team last qualified in 2011, when the Bruins finished fourth.
High-resolution team and individual photos of the KCC baseball team are available for download for use by fans and the media from the 2015 KCC Baseball album on KCC’s Flickr page.
High-resolution images of the team in action playing during home games at Bailey Park in Battle Creek are available for download from the following online Dropboxes (please credit appropriately if used):
- KCC baseball vs. Mott Community College, March 30, 2015 (if used credit Sarah Huling/Kellogg Community College): www.dropbox.com/sh/c1p84o80soks8w8/AAD2eYHjRsg7tM2EoYB7cMiVa?dl=0
- KCC baseball vs. Delta College, April 4, 2015 (if used credit Kellogg Community College): www.dropbox.com/sh/kcgrmiugapo6ms2/AABDiVe3zUz9e_tGCF3P3qIqa?dl=0
For more information about KCC baseball, contact head baseball coach Eric Laskovy at:
- 269-965-3931 ext. 2536
Kellogg Community College is part of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association and is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Region 12. KCC athletes are known as Bruins, the mascot’s name is Blaze and the College’s school colors are blue and silver. Sports currently offered at KCC include baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, softball and women’s volleyball. For more information about KCC’s baseball team, visit www.kellogg.edu/baseball.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.