Nine Kellogg Community College baseball players and the College’s head baseball coach have been honored with postseason athletic awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
KCC’s MCCAA Western Conference Baseball Award winners include:
- Freshman pitcher Blake Bales (Schoolcraft/Schoolcraft High School), All-MCCAA, First Team All-Conference, All-Freshman Team, Freshman of the Year
- Sophomore outfielder Logan Briggs (Traverse City/Traverse City Central High School), All-MCCAA, First Team All-Conference, Player of the Year
- Sophomore outfielder Raphe Gross (Chicago/Simeon Career Academy), Second Team All-Conference
- Sophomore infielder Gavin Homer (Battle Creek/Lakeview High School), All-MCCAA, First Team All-Conference
- Sophomore catcher Korey Knowles (Monroe/Ida High School), Third Team All-Conference
- Sophomore pitcher Connor Myers (Rudyard/Rudyard High School), Third Team All-Conference
- Freshman pitcher Mark Scannell (Grand Rapids/Forest Hills Central High School), Honorable Mention All-Conference, All-Freshman Team
- Sophomore pitcher Zachary Smith (East Leroy/Harper Creek High School), Honorable Mention All-Conference
- Sophomore infielder/outfielder Alex Walton (Marshall/Marshall High School), All-MCCAA, First Team All-Conference
KCC’s Head Baseball Coach Eric Laskovy was named Coach of the Year. This is the eighth MCCAA Coach of the Year award won by Laskovy, who’s finishing his 19th year of coaching baseball at KCC and 12th as the head coach.
KCC’s baseball team ended the spring 2018 season as the runner-up in the National Junior College Athletic Association Region XII Baseball Tournament May 19 in Sandusky, Ohio. The Bruins finished the season as MCCAA Western Conference and State champions with an overall record of 45-8 and a conference record of 22-1.
For more information about KCC baseball, visit www.kellogg.edu/baseball.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.